Clarity is the counterbalance of profound thoughts. ~ Luc de Clapiers
Clarity affords focus. ~ Thomas Leonard
There is a beauty and clarity that comes from simplicity... ~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf
I'm a huge believer in clarity. ~ Ben Horowitz
Conversations about money certainly are not sexy, but they should give each of you some clarity... ~ Laura Wasser
When I first started learning about finance and accounting, I had absolutely no idea what was going on. It was the early ‘90s, I started business school and was sitting in a room with my classmates from a program for artists who wanted to become leaders in arts institutions.
As we sat there, we looked hopelessly at our program director, begging him to explain the difference between “debits” and “credits.” Fast forward 25 years, through experiences working in small companies, now running my own as a chief financial officer to entrepreneurs and non-profit executives, and I discovered something important:
It’s not that money concepts are hard, they just aren’t explained well.
And because they aren’t explained well, we often end up ignoring them to our detriment and peril.
Frankly, I find that it is true of so much else in life. Think about:
- How much relief we get when a doctor diagnoses that pain and gives us the proper therapy to restored health,
- The satisfaction we get when finally figure out the right wording for the new sales proposal that is profitably accepted, or
- The joy we get when we have a breakthrough in self-discovery that leads us to a richer and fuller life.
And this is true of finance too. For example,
- Wouldn’t it be easier to make informed decisions if someone set up financial reports to be intuitive and focus on the important numbers?
- Would you be less worried about bank balances if someone explained how to set up a cash flow forecast?
- Would it feel less of a chore if someone told you how to take care of your receipts and daily expenses so that you had more time to spend working on your business instead of in it?
- And most importantly: what would it mean if someone finally showed the path to greater profits is a matter of focusing on five simple areas of your business?
Well my friend, I am that person—that creative, sometimes funny / sometimes dead serious / yet always honest guy—who will take the seemingly complex and turn it in to meaningful, clear information so that you can have clarity in your business’s finances. Information that will help you become more profitable, make informed decisions, and make your day-to-day financial activities less burdensome.
To make the financial part of your entrepreneurial journey sweeter, easier, and more successful, we have some free training that you can access immediately below. So let me ask...
...where do you want clarity?